Strop Cuir :
- Brushed stainless steel.
- Free metal case.
- Polishing paste
- 4 mm thick leather.
- useful length: 32 cm
- Made in France in our workshops.
Steps for sharpening with a leather strop :
- Prepare your strop by fixing it firmly to a stable surface, such as a table.
- Apply a small amount of paste, rubbing evenly over the leather surface.
- Hold the knife firmly by the handle and place the cutting edge flat on the strop, at an angle of about 20 to 25 degrees to the leather surface.
- Using light pressure, push and pull the knife blade back and forth across the leather, taking care to keep the angle constant. You can alternate the sides of the blade with each pass to ensure even sharpening.
- Continue this process for approximately 10 to 20 passes on each side of the blade.
- After sharpening both sides of the blade, be sure to remove all traces of sharpening paste with the back of the leather strop.